The Main Gallery comprises all walls on the main floor of Art House, excluding the Drawing Room, which is reserved for Special Exhibitions (see guidelines for Special Exhibitions Submissions below). Our Gift Shop features on shop shelves and racks art-related items such as prints, apparel, accessories, and stationary like greeting cards and note books.
* To be featured in our Main Gallery or Gift Shop, photos of all available artwork or links to portfolio or social media pages can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. *
* Artists will be contacted regarding the availability of pieces of interest when opportunities to b*e featured arise. *
We are interested in any medium, style, and size of artwork! The Gallery Team reviews submissions on a periodic basis and may select works based on composition and content, space available, accordance with other pieces, or themes, such as the seasons.
We recommend sending in as many works through images or links as are available as it's much easier to include an Artist when there are many works to choose from. There is no limit to the number of submissions one Artist can make over time but we ask that all submissions be contained in one email per instance and request image files to be sent as attachments and under 2 MB each. Only accepted pieces can be dropped off at Art House; artwork cannot be dropped off for consideration without consent.
Art House Special Exhibitions are our way of offering up our walls to the community, creating space for collaboration and connection. Individuals or groups are invited to apply to curate and present their choice of works on the walls of our Drawing Room for a month-long exhibition with a rental fee of $250 (plus HST). The work displayed can be made available for purchase and Art House retains a 30% commission, which sees artists retaining 70% of their sales. Art House is happy to celebrate your Special Exhibition by facilitating a vernissage, complete with two bottles of wine on us. Also included in the rental fee is promotion of your exhibition via our highly-engaged social media channels and posters in high-traffic areas of our space. Of course, the number of Special Exhibitions we can host in a year is limited, so we encourage you to consider your proposal carefully to submit your very best work.
Ready to submit? Here’s how to do it:
Send your proposal via e-mail to email@example.com with the words ‘Special Exhibition’ in the subject line. The Art House Gallery Team will not be able to consider submissions in person or sent in via Instagram or Facebook DM.
Make sure to include:
- Photos of the works that will be included in the exhibition and/or photos of works in progress, sketches and a description of concept if the works are not complete.
- Your proposal for the exhibition’s theme. This can include a description of the collection, the meaning or intention behind the work, what inspired it, or your overall desired outcome or goal for the exhibition.
- A bit about yourself or your group! An artist or group bio will go a long way in helping us to know a bit more about you as well as promote your exhibition should it be selected.
We look forward to seeing your work in our inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Any exceptions to the above guidelines must be established in advance via written agreement. Please contact email@example.com further inquiries.