Main Gallery Submission Guidelines
We are interested in any medium, style, and size of artwork! The Gallery Team reviews submissions for on a periodic basis and may select works based on composition and content, space available, accordance with other pieces, or themes, such as the seasons. Artists and Vendors may also submit prints and items for our Gift Shop.
We recommend sending in as many works through images or links as are available as it's much easier to include an Artist when there are many works to choose from. There is no limit to the number of submissions one Artist can make over time but we ask that all submissions be contained in one email per instance and request image files to be under 2 MB each. Only accepted pieces can be dropped off at Art House; artwork cannot be dropped off for consideration without consent.
Special Exhibition Submission Guidelines
Individuals or groups may rent the walls of our Drawing Room for a month at a time, to curate and present a body of their works.
Guidelines for Special Exhibition submissions will become available when Special Exhibitions are running again. Sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date on all things Art House, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and subject line 'Special Exhibition Waiting List' to receive details when Special Exhibition programming is ready to resume. Artists which had pre-existing bookings will be contacted first.
Displaying and Selling Work with Us
- The Art House Gallery and Gift Shop operate on a consignment basis and sales are subject to a commission of 30%, Payments and reports are issued on a monthly basis.
- Accepted pieces or items are to be dropped off at Art House anytime during regular business hours and signed in at the cafe counter. Artists may not bring in additional pieces or make substitutions without prior discussion and agreement with the Gallery Team.
- Artists may include a business card at the back of their artwork if wedged or affixed securely.
- Packaging in which pieces are delivered will not be returned to the Artist. We ask Artists to verify that their artwork or frame does not get damaged in transit. Separating pieces using cardboard, paper or fabric are simple solutions that minimize accidental damage Art House has the right to refuse any accepted piece(s) or item(s) upon delivery for reasons including, but not limited to, damage suffered by the item.
- Any piece or item intended for display on a wall MUST be dropped off at Art House in a ready-to-hang state (framed, proper attachments or mounting at the back such as eyelets and wire must be included for unframed pieces). Failure to bring the piece in a ready-to-hang state may result in the dismissal of the accepted piece, or the artist may have the option to pay a hanging fee.
- Items such as prints or greeting cards must be sleeved and include the name of the artist at the back (a business card may be used).
- Accepted pieces and items will remain at Art House until a sale occurs, the Artist requests a return (must be at least 48 hours in advance in writing), or the Art House Gallery Team decides to make a change to the work on display.
- Artists will be contacted at their registered email address if they have artwork ready for pickup and we ask that the artwork be signed out and picked up from Art House by the Artist (or their established representatives) during regular business hours and no more than 14 days after being contacted by Art House.
Any exceptions to the above guidelines must be established in advance via written agreement. Please contact email@example.com further inquiries.